Genotyping of A1/A2 in Cattle/Buffalo
|Type of Service||Farm Animal For Screening||Type Of Sample For Screening||Contact|
|Genotyping of A1/A2 allele from milk or blood samples in cattle and buffalo species (Code: 07_A1A2)||Cattle, buffalo||Whole blood, DNA, milk (under cold conditions)|| Cattle Genomics Lab
Dr. Monika Sodhi (9729591871)
- About 8-10 ml blood sample should be collected under strictly sterile condition in EDTA coated tubes (purple top).
- Blood samples must be reached to lab as soon as possible preferably in cooled (at about 4 degreeC) conditions.
- Rate for “Genotyping of A1/A2 allele from milk or blood samplesof cattle and buffalo (Code: 07_A1A2)” service isRs. 1000/ per sample for all types of Government, Non-government and private agencies/stakeholders, andRs. 800/ per sample for private livestock owners/farmers.
- To encourage the electronic transfer of money, payment(s) for the services should, preferably, be done through RTGS/NEFT to the Institute account by the applicant in following Bank account. During electronic payment kindly mention the concerned “Service Code” in-text information, further information of e-transaction (with all descriptions) must be provided to the concerned Lab In-charge through email.
|Name of Account holder:||ICAR-UNIT-NBAGR, Karnal|
|Name of the Bank:||State Bank of India|
|Branch||Model Town, Karnal (Branch Code 01761)|
- Demand Draft or Bankers Cheque may also be accepted. The amount may be deposited through a Demand Draft in favor of ‘ICAR Unit NBAGR Karnal’ payable at any nationalized bank at Karnal.
- Payment of different charges should be received to the institute before delivering the result(s) of service/consultancies. Agency can also make prior booking for any service by making full payment in advance as per rate list.
- Service tax for various services will be levied as per existing norms for service tax under appropriate Act(s) of Govt. of India.
- For any services, an application for conducting examination/screening addressing to the Director, ICAR- National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources, GT By Pass Road, Karnal must be accompanied along with samples. Applicant must provide full address along with phone/mobile/fax/email in application.
- Collection of a sample(s) and their submission to the concerned lab will have to be carried out by the applicant himself/herself or on their behalf. Only in exceptional cases, samples can be collected by ICAR-NBAGR staff, for that applicant will have to provide TA/DA as per rule for the personnel.
- Samples will be received in the concerned lab in working hours of the working days only.
- Sample should clearly mention about the Animal ID on the collection tube. However, the description of samples must be provided separately with Animal ID, breed, sex, age.
- Service will be provided as first come first serve basis. However, it is advisable to the applicant to contact the concerned lab In-charge for suitability of time in view of their research engagement as well as to avoid overcrowding of samples for analysis.