Research / Popular /Technical Articles
Bureau has published more than 600 research, popular and technical articles in various national and international research journals. Recent publications highlighting the research achievements of the bureau are listed below:-
- Behl JD, Sharma A, Kataria RS, Verma NK, Kimothi SP, Bhatia AK and Behl R (2017). Characterization of genetic polymorphism in Toll like receptor 9 gene in Bos indicus Sahiwal cattle Indian Journal of Animal Science, 87(11): 1362-1366
- Behl R, Niranjan SK, Behl J and Vijh RK (2017). Comparison of three types of Indian donkey populations based on morphometric characteristics. Journal of Livestock Biodiversity ,7(1 ): 17-21
- Behl R, Niranjan SK, Behl J, Tantia MS, Arora R, Rao DMV, Reddy PP, Vijh RK and Sharma A (2017). Genetic characterization of brown type donkeys of Andhra Pradesh using microsatellite markers. Indian Journal of Animal Science , 87(9): 1102-1105
- Behl R, Sadana DK, Behl J, Banerjee P, Joshi J, Vijh RK, Attri PN, Nadda S and Joshi BK (2017). Characterization and microsatellite analysis for genetic diversity and bottlenecks of Spiti donkeys. Indian Journal of Animal Science ,87:1221-1225.
- Behl R, Vij PK, Behl J and Sharma A (2017). Population trends and distribution of equines in India. Journal of Livestock Biodiversity , 7(2):71-77.
- Kaur R, Sharma A, Sodhi M, Swami SK, Sharma VL, Verma P and Mukesh M (2017). Sequence characterization of Alpha 1 isoform (ATP 1 A1) of Na+/K+ ATPase gene and expression characteristics of its major isoforms across tissues of riverine buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis). Gene Reports , 10:97-108
- Kaur R, Sodhi M, Sharma A, Sharma VL, Verma P, Swami SK, KumariParvesh and Mukesh M (2018). Selection of suitable reference genes for normalization of quantitative RT-PCR (RT-qPCR) expression data across twelve tissues of riverine buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis). PLOS ONE.doi. org/1 0. 1 3 71 /journal.pone.a 191558.
- Kumar M, Ratwan P, Das R, Chopra A and Vohra V (2017). Allelic diversity of butyrophilin (BTN1A1) gene in Indian bovines. Indonesian Journal of Biotechnology 22(2): 92-97.
- Kumar S, Ganguly I, Singh S, Sodhi M and Bhakat M (2017). Y-chromosome variation in Indian native cattle breeds and crossbred population. Indian Journal of Animal Research 51(1 ): 1-7
- Mukesh M, Kishore A, Sharma A, Tantia MS, Kataria RS, Mohanty AK and Sodhi M (2018). Selection of stably expressed internal control genes in circulating poly-morpho- neutrophils of periparturientSahiwal (Bos indicus) cows. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 88:79-100
- Nigam A, Swami SK, Sodhi M, Verma P, Singh MK, Kumari P, Sharma A, Verma OP and Mukesh M (2018). Conservation of coding and untranslated regions of heat shock protein Beta-1 (HSPB1) gene and its expression pattern in heat stressed peripheral blood mononuclear cells of Indian native cattle (Bosindicus) and riverine buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis). Agri Gene, 8: 9-17
- Niranjan SK, Kataria RS, Sodhi M, Bharti VK, Kumar B, Garg A, Yadav MC, Sharma A, Vivek P, Giri A and Mukesh M (2018). Evaluation of physiological parameters in response to endurance exercise of Zanskar ponies adapted to high altitude of Ladakh region. Defence Life Science Journal 3(2): 172-176
- Raja KN, Saravanan R, Devendran P, Singh PK, Mishra AK and Ganguly I (2017). Cytogenetic profile of Rajapalayam dog breed of Southern India. Indian Journal of Animal Research DOl:10.18805/ijar.vOiOF.9132
- Ranjan A, Raja KN, Sinha R, Ganguly I, Gupta ID, Bhakat M and Mohanty TK (2017). Sequence characterization and SNP identification of TNP 1 gene in Indian cattle breeds. Indian Journal of Animal Research DOI: 10.18805/ijar.vOiOF.8492
- Sarova N, Ahlawat S, Grewal A, Sharma R andArora R (2018).Differential promoter methylation of DAZL gene in bulls with varying seminal parameters. Reproduction in Domestic Animals DOI: 1 O. 1111/rda.13187.
- Sharma R, Sharma H, Ahlawat S, Panchal P, YashPal, Behl R and Tantia MS (2017). Simple sequence repeat (SSR) genotypic data reveal high genetic diversity in Rajasthan donkey of India. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 87(12): 1497-1503
- Singh KM, Singh S, Ganguly I, Raja KN, Ganguly A, Chopra A and Narula HK (2017). Association of heat stress protein 90 and 70 gene polymorphism with adaptability traits in Indian sheep (Ovis aries). Cell Stress and Chaperones 22:675-684
- Singh KV,JayakumarS, Dixit SP and MalikZS(2017). Molecular characterization and genetic variability of Alpha Casein gene, CSN1S1 in Bikaneri camel (Camelus dromedarius) milk. Indian Journal of Animal Research DOI: 10.18805/ijar.vOiOF.8492
- Singh PK, Sankhala G and Singh PK (2017).Performance of Gangatiri cattle rearing in field conditions. International Journal of Livestock Research , 7(3): 142-148
- Singh R, Kumar V, Rajesh C, Gurao A, Kulshrestha A, Sehgal M, Kaushik A, Sharma A, Mishra SK and Kataria RS (2017). Computational analysis of HSP- 60 protein with structural insights into chaperon in containing TCP-1 Subunit 5 in Bos taurus. MOJ Proteomics Bioinformatics , 6(1 ): 00183. DOI: 10.15406/mojpb.2017.06.00183.
- Singh R, Mishra SK, Rajesh C, Dash SK, Niranjan SK and Kataria RS (2017). Chilika- a distinct registered buffalo breed of India. International Journal of Livestock Research , 7: 259-266.
- Singh R, Rajesh C, MishraSK, GuraoA, Vohra V, Niranjan SK and Kataria RS (2018). Comparative expression profiling of heat-stress tolerance associated HSP60 and GLUT-1 genes in Indian buffaloes. Indian Journal of Dairy Science , 71: 183-186
- Sodhi M, Kataria RS, Niranjan SK, Kumari P, Verma P, Swami SK, Sharma A, Bharti VK, Kumar B, Iqbal M, Rabgais S, Kumar P, Giri A, Kalia S, Gagoi D, Sarangi PP and Mukesh M (2018). Sequence characterization and genotyping of allelic variants of beta casein gene establishes native cattle of Ladakh to be a natural resource for A2 milk. Defence Life Science Journal , 3(2):177-181.
- Vijh RK, Sharma U and Gokhle SB (201 8).Creation of a large reference family with phenotype recording and genotype data generation in buffaloes. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences , 88(2): 194-199.
- Vohra V, Singh M, Das R, Chopra A and Kataria RS (201 7). Multivariate analysis of biometric traits and their shared variance in Chhattisgarhi buffalo. . Indian Journal of Animal Sciences , 87(7): 864-870.